Sunday 21 July 2013

Sunday Round Up

So its the end of the week and time for a bit of a catch up on what I have done. I think I shall do this regularly, but maybe not every week. We shall see. So craft wise just what have I been up to this week?

I plied the bobbin of singles I had from my Nunoco Batt dropping, and turned it into this little skein of yarn:


Its 65g and 367m of 2 ply lace weight yarn. Not sure what it will be yet, but seeing as I am seriously enjoying lace knitting, it could be a little lace shawlette or scarf yet, you never know!

Also on the spinning front I have started spinning this braid of fibre;


Its a braid of super soft superwash merino by the Painted Tiger, in a colourway called Peacock. I am spinning fine singles with the intention of n-plying to  keep the gradient. I'm most of the way through the yellow! And there's more of that than the picture implies when the braid is unchained.

I've made a start on my Smaug hide mitts, and finished one:


I have just about started the second, but it will probably go faster than the first just because I get the pattern now.

No picture but I have been going well on my In dreams shawl too. Managing from about 2-6 rows a day I have finished chart 5, have 10 rows left of chart six, then three charts to go. That's actually a heck of a lot of knitting as each row takes around twenty minutes to knit. That may have to do with all the purl front and back stitches I am having to do on the wrong side. Ugh! Its worth it but I hate that stitch. I have also discovered I am really enjoying lace knitting. Good, because I have some shawls in my queue to knit.

So that's the last week, to come this week, the gluten free fairy cake experiment!

Till next time

Kat xxx

feel free to follow me on Twitter @Sticks_n-string

No comments:

Post a Comment