Saturday 17 August 2013

Gluten free Chocolate Brownies




So who doesn't like a lovely, soft, decadent chocolate brownie? Anyone? I thought not. I know that when I came across this recipe I was very excited. Simple, a few ingredients, and seemed to produce great results. So I just had to give it a try. Once again I am using Doves Farm gluten free flour and it works a treat.

3 eggs
200g sugar
100g self raising flour.
150g chocolate
100g butter

Thats it, five ingredients. To make lush cake goodness.  So how do we do it?

Beat the eggs and sugar together till light and fluffy.

Beat in flour and set aside.

Gently melt butter and chocolate together in a separate bowl. Gently fold into the egg and sugar mixture till you end up with a batter like this


Pour into an oiled and lined backing tin.

Bake for 35-40 minutes at 160 degrees in a fan oven, 180 degrees in a conventional oven.

I will say that it creates this film like skin that has a life of its own in the oven but that is perfectly alright!


Wait till cold and cut into pieces as suits you.


I have to say, they are far from the prettiest brownies I have ever made. However, they taste wonderful! And they do remain soft and perfect and the texture remains even a few days later as you are slowly making your way through the batch. Well worth a try!

Till next time

Kat xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment