Saturday 11 January 2014

Secret Santa

Now we are in the new year, I figure I had best talk about christmas before we get too deep into the month!

So every year I do only ONE Secret Santa, mainly because its all I have spare funds for. And for the last few years I have made it a craft based one, as its a way of guaranteeing I will get something I adore. Its something I very much enjoy doing too. The stalking of the person you are putting a gift together for, planning, getting bits together etc. Also these last few years I have participated in the one run by the Yummy Yarns UK group on Ravelry. I have even been the one to run it in previous years, I have simply been too busy to the last couple. Especially the year before last when I had a newborn on my hands. But my fellow moderators all chipped in and got it organised.

I love the excitement of being told who your partner is. We are an international group and my parcel had to make it to the USA so I got started early. As she was a fellow spinner I chose some gorgeous supper fluffy batts in soft fibres in the purples she loved, and packed them up with some ginger chocolate that she likes, and a set of felt tree decorations I had made especially for her. She is Wiccan so celebrates Yule, not Christmas, so I made some hearts for her tree rather than the traditional 'Christmas' themed ones. Then I sent it off in November. I was very pleased when Yule came that she loved what I sent.

So come late December, MY parcel arrived from another group member. And I had to be good and not open all the things, which was hard when is smelled so good! I could smell very yummy things in there. I was so eager to open it come Christmas, and was ecstatic at what I had been sent.


The fibre is beautiful Wenseleydale fibre in the colour 'Lily Pond'. Looks so scrummy colour wise, definitely thinking socks for me!

This gorgeous tree decoration is made of buttons! And came with a tag stating that it had been made for me before my santa saw the felt ones I made. I think its gorgeous and will definitely be used in years to come. By next Christmas missy should be less chewy!


And this seriously lovely  hand crocheted hair tie! Not only is it gorgeous and just my colour, its also one of the best hair ties I have ever had for my hair! Win all round!


And lastly the scrummy things I could smell!


I LOVE hot chocolate, but a lot of hot chocs lack in actual chocolate content. These are the perfect solution. You can even just warm some milk and melt these in for deliciousness. Absolutely perfect and so very me!

It was a wonderful parcel and this is why I keep doing it every year. Fabulous yarn or fibre from a shop I love, from wonderful people, and the little touches make me smile every time!

What did you all get that was crafty for Christmas?

Till next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment