Thursday 19 June 2014

Keeping Dry

I mentioned on a previous post showing off some of my recent spinning that I was planning on using the yarn for a hood. I have a beautiful Jaeger winter coat, proper boiled wool, warm, dry, but it has no hood. I was given it by a relative so hence it wasn't exactly my choice, but its a gorgeous coat all the same! So after spending this past winter and spring getting soaked on the school run, I decided to make myself a hood.

So I spun up some lovely yarns from batts and braids from Yummy Yarns UK, and while I was on holiday I turned these:



Into this:



I apologise that the pictures aren't better, but there is only so much I can do by myself and the husbeast is not very helpful in helping take pictures, so I make do where I can.

So this winter I shall be fabulous in a wool coat and hood, and not a drowned rat with soaked hair. A vast improvement on the state of affairs!

What projects are you all up to at the moment?

Till next time

2 comments:

  1. I just love how you combined the batts and fibre into something so gorgeous together.You also look beautiful! Total WOW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. considering how little of me you can see in that picture I will take that as a compliment! Thank you hon. I just loved the idea of combining them. I could have done it all in the Nightbloom, but I think it looked better combined!

      Delete